Tuesday, March 07, 2006

A Top 7 List.

I sometimes wonder what life would be like without the internet. I have come to depend on it for so many things. Let me list a number of things I do online that would be a pain to do without. I will try to list them in order of importance with number 1 being most important:

1. Online banking and bill paying. It has been wonderful to almost eliminate the use of stamps, envelopes, and the associated costs etc. It now frustrates me when I can't pay a bill online!
2. Communication. Email and instant messaging are of equal importance to me.
3. Ebay. The amount of money we have saved on ebay pays for most, if not all, of my high speed internet bill.
4. Product Research. I love to research and read reviews on a product before I buy something. Examples would include a digital camera, camcorder, car, notebook computer etc.
5. Product Purchasing. Buying things online is so easy and convienient.
6. Blogging. Can you even imagine not having Xanga or blogs? It has become a great way to keep in touch with friends and family that you don't get to see very often. Instead of a Christmas letter that comes via snail mail maybe once per year, blogging has become a weekly or even daily newsletter!
7. Helpful Info. Have you ever lost a users manual for something? I recently needed a manual for a fax machine. No problem. Just get the model number go online and download the manual free at the manufacturers website. I have done this for my chainsaw, to get instructions for a 24 hour time switch, and instructions for a programmable thermostat to name a few.

Maybe this list will grow with more thought. Perhaps some of you have some things to add to this list?

4 comments:

Mrs. Darling said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mrs. Darling said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mama K said...

Yes, I thought of something that the internet has helped me with a great deal. Travel. I can find out so much information with just a mouse click--it's amazing! We enjoy traveling and I love to have an itinerary of interesting things to do while at our destination as well as on the way there and back.

Rob said...

Yes, another great internet resource for sure!