Monday, April 17, 2006

A Robview. Cell Phone Upgrade Part 1.

Its time for another exciting Robview!
I have been with Verizon Wireless for at least 4 years now. Verizon offers a deal to upgrade your phone after 2 years called the "new every two" offer. A lot of the phones offered are free with a new 2 year contract. Well, the time had come to upgrade. I previously had the Samsung model SCH-A650 which performed very well. I liked its compact size, good battery life, and reception. The phone still works great. I actually have 3 more of these all sharing minutes on my family share plan.
Here is a picture of my old phone.....


And now, to the upgrade:
In considering the upgrade, I spent quite a bit of time trying to decide on which phone would be the best possible replacement. After all, it would be with me for the next 2 years! I did my usual research online to get user and professional reviews on the various phones offered by verizon. After much contemplation and comparing, I decided on the Motorola E815. Check this review out on > PCMag.com <...and this link> SPECS to see all the features.




As you can see, unlike my old phone, this is a camera phone. I often said I wasn't interested in a camera on my cell phone mainly because the little so called "cameras" are often cheesy and produce lousy images. I must admit that its been fun to play with it and create wallpaper/backround for my phone's display. I usually put a picture of one of the children or my wife's face as a display backround. The pics actually turn out pretty decent.
Some features that really interested me in this phone that my old one didn't have are these:
1. Its has a speaker phone function.
2. Bluetooth enabled. (This looked really useful to me. More on this function below.)
3. A larger display.
4. More room for contacts. (up to 1000)
5. MP3 Player.

I recently ordered a bluetooth headset for it at Compusa's website. Here is a link to check out the Philips Vox 120 > Headset

In summary, I am well pleased with the phone after 1 week. I will post again soon after some time to try out the phone with the coming headset. Until next time.....

Stay tuned for "Cell Phone Upgrade Part 2" on the next "Roblog Review"

3 comments:

lonnajoy said...

cool post. I have a tec question for you how did you put a link on your xanga for your blog. I think I need to do that somehow.

Anonymous said...

I had a motorola several years ago. My favorite phone to date.

Japheth said...

I just got the Motorola V710. Love it!! It's way better than the LG VX4400 that I had before!!

I am Aimee's husband and we found the problem with the Firefox. In one of the computer updates, either Microsoft or symantec switch the option to only load pictures from the originating web site. Thus any pictures that were hosted at a different page, would not load.

Thanks for the suggestion!