Thursday, October 05, 2006

Crabbing Still Good!

The crab season is soon going to be tapering off. Its a sad reality that comes with autumn. We decided to give it a try again today after much deliberation last night. I really didn't have time to go with the way my work schedule has been but sometimes a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do! We got our lines in the water around 7:30 and started after them. The first run proved to go very well. A good sign that we might be in for a good trip. A good one it was! We were ready to wrap up the lines at around 10:45AM after 2 (lids barely fit) b-bulging b-bushels! Certainly one of our best trips of the year. I sure can't wait to get back out again before the water gets chilly and the crabs head for winter hibernation out in the black muddy bottom of the Chesapeak!
I posted an official report on my favorite crabbing site. Click here to check it out> Blue Crab Archive Forum

Here are pics of the results!

The lids barely latch!


Baskets to overflowing!

3 comments:

lonnajoy said...

Ohhhhh you make me soooo jealous. You think there will be any crabs in Dec. lol

Rob said...

Its not very likely the crabs will still be running in december. I look for only a couple more weeks of decent crabbing till its all over for the season. Check out my crabbing report on the official "Blue Crab Archives" Its titled "Hot Wye 10/5" Go to> http://www.blue-crab.org/forum/index.php?board=78.0

Anonymous said...

Great job Rob! I agree unfortunately that the season will be coming to an end soon. Anyways congrats on your success and hopefully you can get out some more before it ends.