Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Talk Radio

This post is mainly for those living in, or near, Delaware but feel free to post comments on the subject if it interests you.
I have to admit being a big fan of talk radio. One station we have in our area WDOV AM1410
is pretty much all news/talk. Dr. Laura's show has been part of the daily programming for many years on this station. That seems to have come to an end. I guess station management has decided to replace her show with Sean Hannity. I guess I have mixed feelings about it. I enjoyed listening to Dr. Laura but have found myself really enjoying the Hannity show. I am wondering how you all (those living around here) are taking this change? Are you glad? Sad? Mad? Or simply could care less.
For those from our church please sign your comments with your first name and last initial.
Thanks.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a Dr. Laura fan, so I was a little upset that her show was gone. We love Hannity, but we can get him on another station over here (in Maryland). Man, I'm gonna miss her snappy come-backs! :-)

Brenda Y.

Rob said...

Yeah, she could be pretty hard hitting with the come-backs.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to miss her a LOT, because of her my 45min. drive home from work did'nt seem so long, now I'll probably be getting a ticket for speeding now! I'm not sure about this Hannity guy, I would rather have Mr.Glenn Beck if I can't have Mother Laura! Esther M.

Rob said...

Esther, I think you will find Hannity growing on you! Emma's Jason really likes Hannity...even over the king of talk radio Rush Limbaugh.
LOL

Anonymous said...

I'll miss dr Laura I think we should stage a boycott! There you have it again, family values are no longer important!! As far a haann whatever, he is just another mouthy conservative in speech but not in practice like Rush etc. I think I'll start a talk show hummmm let me see... how would a mennonite talk show come across?

Rob said...

I would be your first caller and say "Mega dittos mnissle! Don't be too hard on Limbaugh. He happens to be right 98.6% of the time!" lol

Rob said...

I'm glad you figured that out for yourself there big boy! LOL

Anonymous said...

compareing glen geck to hanity give me a break glen needs his show taken off the air one less windbag and good ritiance dr lura

Anonymous said...

Well, see now, if you listened to Glenn Beck and Dr. Laura maybe you could learn how to spell.

Anonymous said...

Bye bye Dr. Laura, and your little attitude... Shawn is pretty good. Glen is funny, and isnt afraid to tell it the way it is. Rush is right on the money most of the time, and good at what he does. G Lid seems to be pretty good, as is his younger brother that filled in today for him. None of them are perfect though, just like the very ones that would be on a mennonite show...

Just to stir the pot...
RUSH IS RIGHT, so give up the fight!