Saturday, December 10, 2005

Sleeping Late.


This entry will be in the form of a poll. Its 10:15 Saturday morning here and my dear wife is making the typical breakfast/brunch for this day of the week. Pancakes and eggs! During this process, she asked the following question: "I wonder if I'm the only woman who stays in bed until 9:00am on a Saturday morning?" She asked this question with a bit of remorse. I tried to reassure her that there are probably a lot of women who sleep that late or even later! I have to admit that we are not a morning family. We all tend to be night owls around here, including me. So the poll question will be in two parts:
1. Do you often sleep until 9:00 or later on a Saturday morning?
2. What tends to be your typical breakfast/brunch on this morning?

By the way, I also stayed in bed until 9:00 this morning! I had a good excuse though, I have a pretty bad cold right now. Don't ask me what my excuse is on other Saturday mornins! LOL

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Question #1: I used to. Now on Sat. mornings I sleep as long as Devon (and Jay!) let me, usually 7:30ish.

Question #2: Pancakes! :-)

*Brenda*

Anonymous said...

Rob, I'm a morning person during the week. I like my Saturdays to sleep in if I don't have to get up for something I need to do or really want to do. Left to my own devices, I'll stay in bed until 10:00 or even later.

-Matt S.

Glen Zehr said...

#1 Oh, I can't sleep much longer than 7-7;30 aggravating....
#2pancakes or waffles or french toast......

Anonymous said...

Yeah, i do "miss" my nephews! And we will be getting DSL in Spain! =) (At least we think so =P)

Anonymous said...

I often wish that I could sleep till 9, but seems like I mostly can't even if I want to.

Cereal, usually.

The Baritone

Anonymous said...

I used to sleep till 9:00 or later,but seems I just dont have time antmore, or I wake up and can't sleep, as you well know I am a Grandmom now so that might have something to do with it.(NOT AGE).LOL As for Breakfast on Saturday mornings, its ,pancakes, bacon & eggs.Keep sleeping Naomi it keeps you young.Lov ya all Sylvia

Anonymous said...

I get up around 7:00 on Sat. mornings.there is to much to do and my Elvin doesn't care for me to be working late on Sat. nites. but we often sit around and drink coffee and talk til 9:00, but at least the washer is started.we eat breakfast at lunch time, scapple, eggs and fried potatoes. Nancy

Rob said...

Thanks for all the interesting comments so far. Its been good.

Anonymous said...

I usually get up anywhere from 6:00 to 9:00 on Saturday morning. Anything after 5:30 is "sleeping in", as that's when I get up M-F. Average on Saturday is probably 7:30.

Cereal (Frosted Mini-Wheats, Bran Chex, or Raisin Bran) and a banana serve me well for Saturday breakfast, as they do the other six days of the week! I am a cereal person.

EG

Anonymous said...

I sleep in when I can, usually only once every couple months or so, and then it's till 8 or 9. Most of the time there's some activity Saturday morning that I have to haul kids to. Our breakfast most Saturdays is waffles...mmmmm! Yours looks pretty yummy too!
Phyllis (Dale)

Anonymous said...

last saturday i slept (yes SLEPT) until 1:42 PM. i think i got to sleep around 12:30 AM