Saturday, August 12, 2006

Stranded at Chester River!

There was a reason we only got about 20 crabs today! My boat has been having a strange outboard motor related problem. My 48 HP Evinrude had this strange skip when running along at mid or full throttle. I changed the power pack before today's trip hoping the problem was solved. After luanching the boat and starting off, I could tell the same problem was still there. I took a chance and decided to continue on with the trip. Made it out about 5 miles and dropped our lines. Ran them about 3 times each when suddenly, when in reverse, it made a shudder and quit all forward and reverse motion. I called for help and some friends brought my brothers boat to pull me in. After getting the boat out of the water I was shocked to see what the trouble was. My prop was clean missing off the motor! I guess that must have been the trouble all along. Hopefully after the new prop is aquired, the 2006 crab season will resume for us!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes Rob moters work better with a prop

Rob said...

LOL Funny you mentioned that because we did use an oar to paddle back to the crab line and actually crabbed it a bit and picked up a few more crabs!