Wednesday, August 02, 2006

AOL For Free?

Some of you may find this interesting. Especially if you are an AOL user.
We have been using AOL along with our high speed internet connection mainly because the 15.00/month AOL fee is covered by points I accumulate using my AOL visa card. I recently received a notice that AOL was going to terminate the points for AOL fee offer. I had made up my mind that I was not going to pay the 15.00/month just to have AOL. According to this article it appears like they will be giving AOL for free now to those who use it through DSL or cable high speed connection. I really believe they are doing this because they have been losing piles of people that are finally going with a high speed connection. Its still too bad that many of you can't get, or don't yet have broadband. If you did, AOL would be free to you and you could make use of the high speed features they offer. Those of you still on dial-up, I feel your pain!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! We recently got DSL service, but I hated to give up AOL since that's what we've had ever since we got internet service; I'm so familiar with it, and just like it better than the rest. I will definitely be checking into this!
JoAnn