Thursday, February 09, 2006

DSL For Mom! AT LAST!

Well, perhaps all the nagging helped. I actually recieved the following email from a local Verizon representative today:

Mr. Miller:

I just checked the Verizon On-Line DSL database (see site below) and
302-xxx-xxxx qualifies for VZ DSL service.

I would order as soon as possible since the DSL equipment is assigned on a
first-come-first-servered bases.

Good luck,

Paul

Paul Thielemann
Verizon Delaware
Phone 302-576-5322
Fax 302-777-0491

As you can imagine, I was elated! I immediately rushed to the Verizon website and placed the order. I sure didn't want to wait till it became "unavailable" again! How can you beat 15.00/ month! That is cheaper than AOL and a lot of other ISP's!
I reminded her of the other big benefits of DSL.
1. Your phone is no longer tied up by the computer when its online.
2. The computer stays online. No more waiting to dial up the connection.
3. Of course the SPEED! 768K download speeds compared to whimpy little 56K (at best) dial-up modem speed.

No comments: