Thursday, February 02, 2006

Rebates.

When it comes to rebates, I try my hardest to get them sent off. I realize that a lot of companies are figuring/hoping that most people will not bother to submit rebates. I am not one of those "most people"! There are few things that make me more upset than when a rebate check fails to come back. I recently got 2 post cards back in the mail from a company that I submitted 2 rebates to. The cards stated that my rebate submissions were invalid. I WAS LIVID! (sounds a lot like invalid!) Fortunately, there was a phone number on the post card that made it handy to call and dispute the charge of "invalid rebate". I called and told the guy that I submitted everything in accordance to the requirements and was surprised at those notices of denial. He didn't seem to hesitate to say "I will, on this one occasion, validate your rebates for you". When I got off the phone with him, I thought to myself "Wow, if they don't win because folks submit the rebates then they try to cheat you out of the rebate checks by saying you messed up when you submitted the rebate!".
I haven't got the checks yet, maybe I still lost. "Time will tell" as the saying goes.

No comments: