Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Valentines Day

Valentines Day started out a little rough. Some of you may know that my wife has diabetes. She didn't get this disease until later in her life. It began showing its ugly head during the pregnancys of our last 2 or 3 children. Of course this condition is called "gestational" diabetes. She was warned that gestational diabetes can turn into full blown type 2 diabetes. Unfortunatley, we really feel that instead of type 2, she has aquired type 1! Her sugar levels can sometimes test out from 300 to over 500! This is unacceptable to say the least. Tonight we decided that the time has come to approach her doctor with some concerns! I really believe she needs to be treated as a type 1 with different types of insulin that will help control the high sugars. Attempting to control with diet and pills IS NOT WORKING!
Back to Valentines Day:
She was really down this morning about thie diabetes stuff. Even shed a few tears. I realized that this would mean that V-day would have to be done up right to pull her out of the gloom. I proceeded to sneak out to the local Christian bookstore and found the following items:

First, a card.... (click the picture to enlarge)


Then a musical table motto.... (click to enlarge)


It worked! Her tears of frustration this morning turned to tears of joy this afternoon! I even choked up a bit.
PS. I don't like to give flowers because they fade away. This sort of thing lasts a lot longer!

Check out this picture taken soon after our wedding 20 years ago this April! Aint she a real Hottie! (click to enlarge)


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rob, that was so sweet, you do have a wonderful wife, im so glad you are concerened about her ,you most definatly have a beautiful wife, i count it a privilage to have her as a good friend-karen

Mama K said...

It was nice to meet you last evening at the viewing. I enjoy your blog and subscribed to your xanga site so I can get to this one easily. Our son's girlfriend has a blogspot blog as well, so I already had a username and everything! =D What a nice funeral today--if funerals can be nice....comforting....Sue Kauffman

Mama K said...

I forgot--my xanga name is "suzyquekau" if you'd like to visit sometime.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry that Naomi is having difficulty with her diabetes. My heart goes OUT to her... big time. I guess it isn't the worst ever thing to have to deal with, but it IS the worst thing to deal with. It's a mess. In Heaven...( you fill in the rest...)