Saturday, February 11, 2006

A Sad Day.

I am deeply saddened. I just got a call that Daniel Swartzentruber from Greenwood died suddenly of a heart attack today. I was speechless and had to sit down in silence for a while. Daniel was one of the contractors I was still doing work for. I still have 1 house to finish the electric work on for him and he had another new home to begin construction on soon. Daniel was one of the nicest guys you could know. Very soft spoken and loved the Lord. My heart just aches for his wife Connie and two boys Carey and Matthew. Many of you would remember Carey from the accident he had with his Ultralight airplane. His head got too close to the propeller while it was running and he suffered rather severe head injuries. Carey has done well recovering from that ordeal but now the whole family has this to cope with.
I will also copy the email we received from Clinton Yoder below:
Dear Ones,
We are just getting word that Daniel Swartzentruber has just died of a heart attack. No details yet. He has been troubled with diabetes for quite a number of years. He is the son of Lewis and Evelyn. His grandparents were Milton and Savannah Swartzentruber. That makes him our second cousin. Clint

1 comment:

Rockman013 said...

Hi,

I am sorry to read the news here, although I didn't know Danial, my roots go way back in the Greenwood community. My uncle Titus Schlabach married one of Milton's nieces, Rachel.

I just "tripped" over this blog entry while Googling for Savannah Swartzentruber. My parents rented a house from Savannah & Milton in 1945-1948. The house is just east of Rt13 and south of Greenwood maybe .75 miles.

It is interesting to see some of the Delaware Mennonites on the web and get a glimpse of their lives.

I am a descendent of Paul Slabaugh, son of Lorenzo and Polly Schlabach who were long time community residents and members of Greenwood Mennonite Church.

Sanford